EXPERIENCED ACCESS CONTROL & VIDEO SECURITY TECHNICIAN WANTED
Position will involve installing, documenting, and servicing access control systems and analog & IP video security systems in the Washington DC Baltimore area. Common work environment & daily tasks include:
- Installation of low voltage wiring in conduit systems and open-wired ceiling plenums.
- Installation of door control devices, such as electric strikes, magnetic locks, and PIR devices.
- Installation of door control processors, power supplies, & cabinets.
- Installation of analog & IP cameras.
- Installation of Digital Video Recorders & Network Video Recorders.
- Installation of wire terminations per BICSI standards for both quality & aesthetics.
- Installation & configuration of software applications for processors, PC servers & clients.
- Installation & configuration of Layer 2 Data Network switches for IP-driven systems.
- Installation of other low voltage systems, such as intercom, intrusion, & audio / video.
- Systems service calls, including diagnosing, repairing, and / or replacing of components.
Qualified candidates will have some blend of:
- 2 – 4 years of formal electronics training, such as “basic circuits”.
- 2 – 4 years of formal wiring installation & termination training, such as BICSI / NICET.
- 2 – 4 years of formal network training, such as OSI Layer 7 Model or IEEE 802.3 or 802.11.
- 3 – 5 years of general low voltage experience, such as intercom, telephone, RF, MATV, or A/V.
- 3 – 5 years of access control experience.
- 3 – 5 years of both analog & IP video security experience.
- 2 – 4 years experience reading & understanding project technical specifications.
- 2 – 4 years experience reading & understanding project drawings, details, & technical symbols.
Preferred candidates also will have:
- Good mechanical skills.
- Good leadership, communications, & customer service skills.
Job Requirements include:
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Current drivers license & good driving record.
- Satisfactory background & illegal substance checks, if hired.
- Hourly rate is negotiable, depending upon experience.
- Medical / Dental Insurance (shared).
- Life & Disability Insurance (employer paid).
- Holiday & Personal Time Off package.
- 401k Package (shared).
- Job Related Training.
Job Type: Full-time.
- General low voltage: 4 years.
- Access control: 3 years.